Heydons House, Heydons Lane, Sidmouth, Devon
Cottage with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Sidmouth, England
Booking cost: £0.00
From £400 per week
This beautiful and well maintained 3 bed cottage to rent in Sidmouth, Devon is set in a tranquil location yet just 3 minutes walk to the sea front.
Heydons House is a lovingly maintained, high quality cottage to rent in an enviable location in the heart of Sidmouth.
The beauty of Heydons House is that it is set in a peaceful area yet within a 5 minute level walk of the sea front and town centre. It is tucked away at the end of a quiet no-through road, yet everything you could possibly need is within walking distance. Importantly it offers its own parking space by way of an integral garage.
Being furnished to a very high standard throughout, the accommodation is spacious and versatile. There are 3 main bedrooms but also a 4th room off the master bedroom, that is in essence a dressing room but has a single bed (with further pull out) so can be used as a 4th single or twin bedroom.
The layout of the cottage will also suit couples who just like a little more space and quality.
A real feature of the cottage is the large , country style kitchen. The central focus of which is an impressive Aga but there is also a traditional oven and hob.
From the kitchen, patio doors lead to a lovely sunny courtyard where you can stretch out in private or dine al fresco. There is even room for the kids to play in complete safety.
The cottage offers the best of both worlds. The energetic will love the pretty and romantic walks that Sidmouth and East Devon provide. Those just wanting to relax, unwide and take in the sea air can do so without the need of a car. By contrast if you want to get out and about, Sidmouth is very well located for everything Devon has to offer.
This is a wonderful and unique Sidmouth cottage to rent in Sidmouth that is adaptable to suit all needs and requirements.
We accept stays of 3 nights or more - please enquire further for prices.
Heydons House - Features:
Lounge area: 3 seater sofa / sofa bed, 2 seater sofa, nest of coffee tables, book case, large 32 inch Flat screen Digital TV (freeview channels). Wi-fi internet.
Doors off living area to downstairs cloakroom, dining room and kitchen.
Kitchen: Particularly spacious, lovely AGA, a separate oven and hob, integral dishwasher, fridge and freezer. Washing machine, microwave, kettle, toaster.
Utility cupboard with iron, ironing board.
Dining room: Table and 6 chairs. Further seating under front window.
Master bedroom: Double, bedside tables, mirror. Door to dressing room / 4th bedroom and ensuite:
Dressing room: Single bed (further single bed that pulls out from underneath) tucked behind curtained area. Chest of drawers, mirror and wardrobe. Views to recreation ground.
Doors from dressing room to ensuite bathroom with bath and WC.
2nd bedroom: Twin beds, bedside lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
The first two bedrooms are particularly spacious.
3rd bedroom: Small single bedroom suitable for one adult. Single bed (2" 6 by 6" 3) and chest of drawers. Area for cot if required.
Bathroom: Sparkling bathroom with bath, WC and separate walk-in electric shower cubicle.
Back garden / Couryard: Lovely sunny courtyard including Garden table and benches along with various plants and borders.
Sunny garden bench tucked around the side - ideal for a morning paper or book!
The cottage includes a free cot and high chair.
Housekeeping: Towels and linen provided.
Location: 20 minutes from M5 motorway.
Beautiful gardens and leisurely walks, Regency history, quaint cottages, clean beaches and friendly shops…. Sidmouth has it all!!
This lovely seaside town nestles beneath majestic red cliffs and the green hills of the glorious Sid Valley.
Sidmouth has everything you could possible needs - a picturesque beach, a lovely mile long esplanade, great shops, fine restaurants, fantastic walks and much more!
The beach is an ideal place in which to relax on a deckchair. The more energetic can always climb the 500 feet high Peak Hill to enjoy the magnificent panorama Sidmouth and the coast far below. In the other direction is the equally commanding Salcombe Hill whilst inland are the green hills of the pretty Sid Valley. Alternatively there is always a gentler stroll around town, through the park and gardens and along the seafront. This is linked by a walkway to the western beach at Jacob’s Ladder.
Sidmouth’s park, The Byes, is a delightful riverside walk and quiet sanctuary. There are popular guided walks from the Heritage Centre taking in the main landmarks of the town. A ford still takes traffic across the River Sid.
As well as The Byes, there are many interesting walks and drives around Sidmouth. The nearby villages of Beer and Branscombe are both worth visiting en route to Seaton, the next sizeable resort.
Families with children will enjoy the location. If you can get them off the beach, the kids will love a visit to Crealey Park, one of Devons largest theme parks or the more relaxed Bicton Gardens with its park and train ride. "Pecorama" at Beer is also a lovely date out.
20 verified reviews
18 out of 20 people recommend staying here
We spent a lovely weekend at Heydon’s House whilst carrying out work on our holiday cottage in Sidmouth. The owner, Jon, and the housekeeper, Laura, were both super helpful. The house was so snug & comfortable during a very wet & wild weekend in Sidmouth. We loved the warmth of the Aga and the house is so full of character. It is perfectly located in the centre of Sidmouth and we joked that everything is 3 minutes walk away! Our particular needs were well catered for....thank you for making us welcome
We had a fantastic holiday. Location is close enough to walk into town but also quiet in the evening. Parking is an issue. We used the large long stay by the harbour hotel which was £25 for the week or 6 for the day but is handy for the beach.
We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday, the cottage had everything we
needed and the location was perfect
We would certainly recommend to family and friends.
I loved the house, as the weather was horrible we spent a lot longer in than I had intended. We had a few problems which got sorted eventually, unfortunately the housekeeper was on holiday so communication was bad but probably a one off.
I woul defitatly stay there again.
Wonderful stay in this lovely house for the second time for us. Perfect for our family with large bedrooms, all facilites and within 2 minutes from the town centre. Very quiet and peaceful lane. Perfectly corresponds to what is advertised. We were once again demighted to stay at Heydons House.
Distances to locations
Sights and attractions
Prices and availability
Updated 13 October 2021
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 24 October - 31 October 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 November - 17 December 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 December 2021 - 3 January 2022: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 4 January - 11 February 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 12 February - 20 February 2022: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 21 February - 7 April 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 8 April - 24 April 2022: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 25 April - 20 May 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 May - 29 May 2022: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 30 May - 15 July 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 July - 31 August 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 20 October 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 October - 30 October 2022: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 31 October - 17 December 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 December 2022 - 3 January 2023: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 4 January - 11 February 2023: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 12 February - 20 February 2023: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 21 February - 7 April 2023: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 8 April - 24 April 2023: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 25 April - 20 May 2023: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 May - 29 May 2023: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 30 May - 15 July 2023: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 July - 31 August 2023: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 22 October 2023: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 23 October - 31 October 2023: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 November - 17 December 2023: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 December 2023 - 3 January 2024: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 4 January - 11 February 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 12 February - 20 February 2024: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 21 February - 7 April 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 8 April - 24 April 2024: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 25 April - 20 May 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 May - 29 May 2024: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 30 May - 15 July 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 July - 31 August 2024: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
price is based on four sharing, there is a £25 extra charge per person over four.
£25.00 per week for each additional person if there are more than 4 people, paid with booking
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 7:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 single bed
- 1 single bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 double sofa bed in Living room, 1 cot
3 bathrooms including 1 en suite, 3 Separate WC's
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Clothes drier, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire optional
Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Pots / pans, Toaster
Garage, Private garden
Cooking is done in the Aga which is a wonderful feature of the cottage.
Tenerife Holiday Homes
Agency From Sunningdale, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2004
Past bookings: 10,129 bookings
Response rate: 83%
Response time: within 4 hours
Last logged in: 7 hours ago
Number of properties: 232