The Croft Rothbury
Cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and golf nearby in Rothbury, England
Booking cost: £0.00
From £410 per week
Traditional Northumberland cottage lovingly restored to provide award winning self catering holiday accommodation for 4. Family and pet friendly.
Award winning cottage located in the heart of Northumberland, perched above the picturesque village of Rothbury (link) gateway to the Northumberland National Park. (link)
The semi detached stone cottage has been recently restored to provide high quality self-catering accommodation for 4 people in 2 bedrooms and with 2 bathrooms.
The house and terrace command panoramic views of the Simmonside hills and the Coquet Valley.
WiFi available free of charge. This is a no smoking holiday cottage.
The accommodation comprises:
Ground floor _
Kitchen – fully modernised, including electric cooker and hob, microwave cooker, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Tea towels etc are provided.
Dining room – includes an Ebach grand piano which guests are invited to play, also DVD / radio player with attachment for ipod etc. A high chair is provided.
Sitting room – comfortably furnished with plenty of seating and a multi fuel stove, flat screen TV with FreeSat, DVD recorder, cupboard containing books, DVD’s and family games.
Hallway – can be used for secure storage of bikes etc.
Bedroom 1 – king size double bed with pocket sprung mattress.
Bedroom 2 – either generous twin beds or a super king bed
(please state requirements when booking)
Bathroom 1 – double shower, hand basin and loo.
Bathroom 2 – bath with overhead shower, hand basin.
All bed linen and towels are provided.
There is a selection of toiletries in the bathrooms.
Sunny terrace with garden furniture from which to admire the view.
Enclosed private garden.
Parking for 2 cars.
32 verified reviews
32 out of 32 people recommend staying here
A lovely old house with period furniture, a grand piano and some fantastic views across the valley. Walking distance into the beautiful town of Rothbury and also very close to Cragside (a highly recommended National Trust property). Further afield, an hour's drive gets you to Beamish, Lindisfarne, Durham and Jedburgh.
Cathy, our host, was friendly and helpful and had provided a delicious welcome pack with home made jam and marmalade.
The Croft is a beautiful cottage in a lovely village. Cathy is such a lovely welcoming person and everything you need has been provided for to make a wonderful holiday.There are so many amazing things to see in Northumberland. This was our first visit to the county and we will definitely be back.
We had a fabulous time....the area is beautiful great walks/cycles....coast close by, amazing seafood in Amble and Bamburgh...walks on Simonside Crags not to be missed.... Rothbury is friendly with great local ale it's a proper town as proper towns should be with local butchers, bakers, wool shops, deli and a hardware shop that should not be missed to name a few. But our Northumberland holiday is 5* because the Cottage was absolutely fanstastic and provided us with the perfect end and start to all our days. Thanks to our great host Cathy.
The house was lovely with wonderful views over the Coquet Valley. We received a warm welcome from Cathy the owner and there were some tasty treats in the kitchen for us to enjoy.
It was our first visit to the area and we enjoyed it so much we have booked again for next year.
Would thoroughly recommend this property.
It's difficult to say anything original about the Croft snd its lovely owner Cathy - the fact this is our 2nd visit this year is testament to how much we love our time here, its very dfficult to find somewhere as welcoming and comfortable as the Croft
Distances to locations
Sights and attractions
Prices and availability
Updated 14 August 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 15 August - 14 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 15 September - 14 December 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2020 - 4 January 2021: changeover day is Monday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 5 January - 12 February 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 13 February - 19 February 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 February - 2 April 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 April - 16 April 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 17 April - 30 April 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 May - 10 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 18 September - 11 December 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 14 December 2021 - 4 January 2022: changeover day is Tuesday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4:
- 1 king size bed
- 2 single beds
2 bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, High chair, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Parking, Private garden
Children, Infants, Single gender groups, Pets
Private Owner From Morpeth, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2014
Past bookings: 57 bookings
Last logged in: 5 hours ago
Number of properties: 1