The Croft Rothbury
Cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and golf nearby in Rothbury, England
Booking cost: £0.00
From £419 per week
Traditional Northumberland cottage lovingly restored to provide award winning self catering holiday accommodation for 4. Family and pet friendly.
Award winning cottage located in the heart of Northumberland, perched above the picturesque village of Rothbury (link) gateway to the Northumberland National Park. (link)
The semi detached stone cottage has been recently restored to provide high quality self-catering accommodation for 4 people in 2 bedrooms and with 2 bathrooms.
The house and terrace command panoramic views of the Simmonside hills and the Coquet Valley.
WiFi available free of charge. This is a no smoking holiday cottage.
The accommodation comprises:
Ground floor _
Kitchen – fully modernised, including electric cooker and hob, microwave cooker and fridge/freezer. . Tea towels etc are provided.
Dining room – includes an Ebach grand piano which guests are invited to play, also DVD / radio player with attachment for ipod etc. A high chair is provided.
Sitting room – comfortably furnished with plenty of seating and a multi fuel stove, smart TV with FreeSat, DVD recorder, cupboard containing books, DVD’s and family games.
Hallway – can be used for secure storage of bikes etc.
Downstairs loo and utility room with washing machine
Bedroom 1 – king size double bed with pocket sprung mattress.
Bedroom 2 – either generous twin beds or a super king bed
(please state requirements when booking)
Bathroom 1 – double shower, hand basin and loo.
Bathroom 2 – bath with overhead shower, hand basin.
All bed linen and towels are provided.
There is a selection of toiletries in the bathrooms.
Sunny terrace with garden furniture from which to admire the view.
Enclosed private garden.
Parking for 2 cars.
39 verified reviews
39 out of 39 people recommend staying here
Property in perfect location with superb views from rooms and lovely terrace. Older style of flooring furnishing downstairs but modern bathrooms. Comfortable beds. Main bedroom is lovely , light and spacey
Entrance hall with stone flooring perfect for our dogs . Steep driveway not an issue in September.
There is a separate downstairs loo too which was an added bonus.
Owner very friendly on arrival and when we had a question.
We really enjoyed staying at Croft Cottage. Very well placed for exploring the surrounding hills and the lovely coastline. The Cottage was spacious and well equipped. Highly recommend.
Gorgeous in every respect. Property beautiful. Views breathtaking. Area beautiful and interesting. Rothbury has a little of everything and is mere minutes walk away. The owner is friendly, responsive, on hand if you need her, but.mostly invisible. We were delighted - one of the best, if not THE best, we have ever stayed in. We”ve already booked to go back next year!
What a beautiful cottage! We were so at home at The Croft. Cathy is a wonderful host. Roth bury is a perfect location to explore and fall in love with Northumberland.
This was our second stay at The Croft and it was every bit as good as the first. It is beautifully situated and perfect for site seeing and visiting Northumberland. Cathy the owner is very welcoming. I would highly recommend this property.
Distances to locations
Sights and attractions
Prices and availability
Updated 22 October 2021
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 27 October - 11 December 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 14 December 2021 - 4 January 2022: changeover day is Tuesday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 8 January - 11 February 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 12 February - 25 February 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 February - 1 April 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 2 April - 22 April 2022: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 23 April - 20 May 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 May - 26 August 2022: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 27 August - 17 December 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 22 December 2022 - 5 January 2023: changeover day is Thursday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4:
- 1 king size bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
2 bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, WiFi / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, High chair, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Parking, Private garden
Children, Infants, Single gender groups, Pets
Private Owner From Morpeth, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2014
Past bookings: 74 bookings
Last logged in: 17 hours ago
Number of properties: 1